It’s important to log out Yahoo Mail inbox for better security of Yahoo account if you’re not using Yahoo mail from your own devices. We suggest not to check ‘Stay signed in‘ box underneath the login button, especially when you sign into Yahoo Mail account from any unknown devices. Enabling this feature saves login credentials as cookies in web-browser. Later on, Yahoo Mail account will automatically be logged in when a new user navigates Yahoo Mail sign-in page. It may be harmful to Yahoo Mail account. So, signing out of Yahoo Mail account prevents Yahoo email accounts in such hazardous conditions.
When using Yahoo from public device, you have to sign out from Yahoo email account so that no one can access it without Yahoo Mail Login password. Follow our step by step guide for safe Yahoo Mail sign out from your Yahoo email account.
Log Out of Yahoo Mail Steps
- Hover your mouse cursor over the user icon along with your name at the right top of your Yahoo Mail inbox.
- Click the sign out Button from the pop-up windows as shown below.
- After you click ‘Sign Out‘, you will be redirected to the home page of Yahoo Mail. It must show ‘Sign in’ at the right to the corner.
- Now you have successfully signed out from your Yahoo mail account.
Yahoo Mail Log Out Using Recent Activities
Sometimes we may forget to Sign out of Yahoo Mail account. In this case, you can use this option to log out your account successfully. Remember that you need to sign in Yahoo Mail account first to start this option. Following steps will help you to sign out Yahoo Mail account successfully.
- Go to ‘Account info‘ or navigate Yahoo Mail Account Info directly.
- Click on ‘Recent activity‘.
You will find the list of the last few activities associated with your account. You can also revoke access to apps that are connected to your account.
- Click ‘Sign Out‘ for each session that you want to Log Out off.
The session will be signed out immediately. You will get a new pop-up message right below your recent activities list. You can log in to Yahoo Mail again after signing out.