Forgot Hotmail password? Don’t worry about it. You can easily reset Hotmail password using recovery email address or phone number. You can also change Hotmail password without resetting it.
It’s easy to recover Hotmail password using an alternative email address or phone number linked to your account. You will get a verification code on either alternative email address or recovery phone number. And if you don’t have access to any of them then you can try resetting password using ‘Hotmail password recovery form‘.
Steps to Reset Hotmail Password
- Visit Hotmail sign in page and click ‘Forgot my password‘ or you can directly visit Hotmail password help page.
- Choose the option ‘I forgot my password‘ and click ‘Next‘.
- Enter the Hotmail account of which you want to reset the password and enter the Captcha code in the lower box.
- Microsoft will ask how you like to receive security code. If you have set multiple option set, select either phone or email. If you choose the phone, you have to enter last four digits of recovery phone number. If you select email, you have to enter the full email address in the box. Click ‘Send code‘ after entering those detail.
- When you receive the verification code, enter it and click ‘Next‘. If a code is correct you will be prompted to next page if not you will be informed that the code is incorrect.
- This is the final stage of Hotmail password reset. You can create a new password for Hotmail/Outlook account. Make your password memorable so you won’t forget quickly, being said that don’t make it too obvious for other to guess.
Sometimes account recovery options are not set or you do not have access to those recovery options anymore. In such situation, password reset cannot be done immediately. It’s not a guaranteed option to recover your Hotmail password as it largely depends on the information you remember about your account.
Hotmail Password Reset without Email or Phone
- Visit Hotmail forgot password page
- Select ‘I forgot my password‘ and click ‘Next’.
- Enter the email address you want to reset, and enter Captcha and click ‘Next’.
- Select ‘I don’t have any of these‘ and click ‘Next’.
- In contact email field, enter your alternative email account, in which Microsoft can contact you. And click ‘Next’.
- Check your email and enter the code received from Microsoft and click ‘Verify‘.
- Fill as much as fields as you can under ‘Recover your Microsoft account‘ and click ‘Submit‘.
It is mostly used to recover Hotmail password in case someone hacked Hotmail account. If you have entered enough information about Hotmail account, your password will be reset after the thorough review from Microsoft which will take some time.