Forgot Hotmail password? Don’t worry about it. You can easily reset Hotmail password using recovery email address or phone number. You can also change Hotmail password without resetting it.
It is simple to recover Hotmail password using an alternative email address or phone number linked to the account. You will get a verification code on either alternative email address or recovery phone number. And if you don’t have access to any of them then you can also try resetting the password using ‘Hotmail password recovery form‘.
Steps to Reset Hotmail Password
- First of all, visit Hotmail sign in page and click ‘Forgot my password, ‘ or directly visit Hotmail password help page.
- Then, select the option ‘I forgot my password‘ and click ‘Next‘.
- Enter the Hotmail account of which you want to reset the password and enter the Captcha code in the lower box.
- Microsoft will ask how you like to receive security code.
Pick any one option, but note that you must have access to this option as you will receive a confirmation code. You will get a hint to every option listed there. Click ‘Send code‘ after entering those detail.
- When you receive the verification code, enter it and click ‘Next‘. If the verification code is correct, you will be prompted to next page if not you will be informed that the code is incorrect.
- Finally, Hotmail password reset page will appear. Create a new password for Hotmail/Outlook account. Make password memorable so that you won’t forget quickly, but that does not mean to make it too obvious for others to guess.
Note that, sometime account recovery options are not accessible, or you do not have access to those recovery options anymore. In such situation, password reset cannot be done immediately. It’s not a guaranteed option to recover Hotmail password as it largely depends on the information you remember about account.
Hotmail Password Reset without Email or Phone
- At first, visit Hotmail forgot password page.
- Select ‘I forgot my password‘ and click ‘Next’.
- Enter the email address you want to reset, and enter Captcha and click ‘Next’.
- Select ‘I don’t have any of these‘ and click ‘Next’.
- In contact email field, enter alternative email account, in which Microsoft can contact you. And click ‘Next’.
- Check alternative email and enter the code received from Microsoft and click ‘Verify‘.
- At last, fill as much as fields as you can under ‘Recover your Microsoft account‘ and click ‘Submit‘.
It is mostly used to recover Hotmail password in case someone hacked Hotmail account. And if you have entered enough information about Hotmail account, your password will be reset after the thorough review from Microsoft which will take some time.