Outlook email settings or Hotmail server settings are provided to set Exchange ActiveSync(EAS). With these settings, you can add Hotmail or Outlook email on other platforms which support IMAP or POP.
Outlook Server Settings or Hotmail Email Settings
- Your Name: The name You want to be displayed to others.
- Email Address: Your Microsoft account in full. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Mail server: eas.outlook.com
- Username: Your Microsoft account in full.
- Password: Your Microsoft account password.
Outlook and Hotmail IMAP Setting
- Your Name: Your full name, email address: Microsoft account you want to add in full.
- Email address: Microsoft account you want to add in full.Account type: IMAP
- Account type: IMAP incoming Mail Server: imap-mail.outlook.com (Also known as IMAP server name)
- Incoming Mail Server: imap-mail.outlook.com (Also known as IMAP server name)Outgoing Mail Server: smtp-mail.outlook.com (Also known as SMTP server name)
- Outgoing Mail server: smtp-mail.outlook.com (Also known as SMTP server name)Username: Your Hotmail/Outlook/Live email address
- Username: Your Hotmail/Outlook/Live email address password: Password for the respective account you’ve entered previously.
- Password: Password for the respective account you’ve entered previously.
- Remember Password: It’s optional. You can either enable it or disable it.
- My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication: Enabled
- Use same settings as my incoming mail server: Enabled
- Incoming Server (IMAP port): 993
- IMAP encryption method: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP port): 587
- SMTP encryption type: TLS
Outlook and Hotmail POP Settings
If you want to use POP settings, you have to enable it with the following process:
- Log in to Hotmail from the browser and open settings.
- Click on POP and IMAP from the menu.
- Select Yes.
- Click save button and POP is enabled.
- Account Type: POP3
- Incoming mail server: pop-mail.outlook.com (POP server name)
- Outgoing mail server: smtp-mail.outlook.com (SMTP server name)
- Incoming server (POP3): 995
- The server requires an encrypted connection (SSL): Enable
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
- Encryption type: TLS