You don’t need to sign out from the Instagram app as you use it on a regular basis. Even if you want to add another Instagram account to your mobile app, you can do it without signing out from the previous account. But if you use Instagram to manage multiple accounts or you share a device with other people then you want to learn how to logout from Instagram.
For a newbie to Instagram, it’s a bit tricky to get to Instagram log out button. It’s not visible in a direct view. Here in this article, we guide to the steps to log out of the Instagram account on different devices.
Instagram Logout from Android Phone App
- Open the Instagram application in your phone.
- Tap on your profile picture or profile icon on bottom right corner.
- You’ll reach into your profile. Click menu in the top right corner. (it’s three vertical dots.)
- Scroll down to the bottom. You’ll see the option ‘Log Out of youraccountname’. If you’ve logged in with multiple Instagram accounts, then you’ll get ‘Log Out of All Accounts’ option also.
- Choose the option either you want to log out from a single account or all accounts signed in.
Now you are signed out from the Instagram app.
Instagram Logout from iPhone/iPad
- Launch Instagram app in your iPhone
- Tap on profile icon or pic on bottom right corner.
- You’ll see a ‘Setting gear’ on the right corner of the top side, tap on it.
- There are various options, scroll to the end, and tap on ‘Log Out’ bottom.
Now, your Instagram sign out process is complete.
Instagram Log out from Computer
Though signing out from mobile applications is not required, if you use Instagram from shared PC/laptop, it is recommended to log out while existing browser.
- Go to Instagram home page
- Click on profile icon on top right side of the page
- You reach into profile setting. Click on three horizontal dots right beside ‘Edit Profile.’
- Select the option ‘Log Out’. Now you are signed off from that device.
If you need to Instagram log out from the device, you no longer have access to, such as your phone is lost and you need to log out from Instagram. Or You’ve forgotten to log out from other devices. The only option is to change your Instagram password, as there is not any other way to remotely log out from Instagram. Once you reset the password, your account will be automatically signed out from all devices.
You can login with another Instagram account after signing out from current account.