You need an email address to communicate with friends, families, and colleagues. You also require a mail account to create social media accounts, sign up for newsletters, sharing documents and information. There are many web-based email service provider, which provide free and reliable mail service and Hotmail is one of them. Hotmail is free webmail service provided by Microsoft.
Hotmail sign up is an effortless process which you can complete in a couple of minutes. When you create a Hotmail account, you don’t need to make separate accounts for other Microsoft services and products like OneDrive, Bing, Xbox, Skype, MSN, etc.
Even though Hotmail register consists of simple steps and you can sign up without any difficulties, we are here to make sure you don’t miss anything. We also guide you to fill information correctly, so you don’t miss anything important while creating a new Microsoft account.
New Hotmail Sign Up 2017
Microsoft has recently changed Hotmail Sign up process. Here is the updated sign up process:
- Step 1: Go to Hotmail.com or Live home page. You’ll reach into new Microsoft sign in page. Click on ‘Create One’. Or directly go to Sign up page.
- Step 2: Enter the full email address you want to register. You can get @hotmail.com and @outlook.com. If the username you desire is not available, try another or claim one of those that’s available. Create a new password for Hotmail account and click ‘Next’. The same process can be completed by clicking on ‘Get a new email address’.
- Step 3: Enter your first and last name in respective field.
- Step 4: Select your country/region and date of birth. Use your real date of birth so it will be helpful in reseting Hotmail account if you forgot all other details.
- Step 5: Enter captcha code. (Microsoft needs to verify that you are human)
You may require to verify your phone number.
Previously you could have created Hotmail account with following method
- Visit Hotmail sign in page by entering https://hotmail.com. It is the login page for people who already have Hotmail account. You are going to Make new Hotmail id so click ‘No account? Create one!’ just below ‘Next’ button. Or you can directly go into Hotmail registration page.
- Now you reach into ‘account create page’ where you need to fill Hotmail sign up form. You will have to provide some of your basic identification information there. Type your Name first and last name. Remember, this first and last name will be displayed publicly along with your Hotmail account profile. We suggest to use the real name as everyone who gets connected to Microsoft account will be able to know your identity.
- Under username, type the username you want for your Hotmail account. Click on small down arrow right @outlook.com and select @hotmail.com. If @hotmail.com is not your preferred one, then you can use default @outlook.com.
- Create a secure password. Do not use dictionary words. Use Mix alphabets, numbers and special characters for Hotmail password. And enter it again under ‘Re-enter password‘.
- Choose your country, enter your date of birth and gender.
- Type your country code and enter your mobile number and alternative email(if you have any) in the respective box. This information you enter for Hotmail sign up will help you to secure your account.
- Enter the Captcha code (it’s image of a random number and alphabets) in the box named ‘Enter the character you see‘.
- Click ‘Create Account‘, and your Hotmail account sign up process is complete.
Congratulations ! Now you’ve completed free Hotmail Sign up process. And you are the owner of a brand new Hotmail email account which you can use for Microsoft services and products. You can now login to Hotmail account and access all features of a Microsoft account.
If you find any difficulties or any other queries regarding Hotmail Sign up, let us know in comments.
Watch Video on How to sign up for a Hotmail account:
Continue to Hotmail email Login.