Hotmail is one of the leading free email service, provided by Microsoft Corporation. Hotmail sign up is free, and anyone can create a new Hotmail account. It takes only a couple of minutes to complete the registration process.
When you create a Hotmail account, you don’t need to make separate accounts for other Microsoft services and products like OneDrive, Bing, Xbox, Skype, MSN, etc.
You can sign up for Hotmail from either PC/Laptop or mobile/tablet. The registration process is simple and can be completed without any problem.
Hotmail Sign up | Create New Hotmail Account
Microsoft has recently changed Hotmail.com sign up steps. You can no more access Hotmail email account as all of the previous Microsoft email services are merged and now termed as Outlook mail. But still you can create an email account with @hotmail.com domain. Here is the updated sign up process:
- Step 1: Go to Hotmail.com from your browser.
- Step 2: Select Create free account.
- Step 3: Enter the email address you want to register. You can get @hotmail.com and @outlook.com. Select the drop-down arrow and select the suffix you wish to.
If the desired username is not available, try another or claim one of those that are suggested.
- Step 4: Create a new password for the new Hotmail account and click ‘Next‘. Do not use dictionary words. Use Mix alphabets, numbers and special characters for Hotmail password. Also, remember not to use the same password you already used for other accounts.
- Step 5: Enter first and last name in the respective field. This will also be your display name for the account.
- Step 6: Select country/region and date of birth. Use a real date of birth so it will be helpful in resetting Hotmail account if you forgot all other details.
- Step 7: Add security info. Enter your mobile number and tap ‘Send code’. Complete Hotmail sign up process by verifying security code. Microsoft sometimes allows you to sign up for Hotmail without a phone number, in such instance, you’ve to enter the captcha code. (Microsoft needs to verify that you are human)
Congratulations! Now you’ve completed Hotmail Sign up process. And you currently own a brand new Hotmail email account which can be used for Microsoft services and products. Now log in to Hotmail account and access all features of a Microsoft account.
Why Create a Hotmail Account?
- It has a free email and calendar service. You’ll get some ad in the inbox, other than that; you don’t have to pay a penny if you don’t mind those ads.
- Available everywhere: You can access Hotmail from any device. There are wonderful Outlook mobile apps for mobile and tablet, and an excellent website for web-browsers.
- Easy to switch from Gmail or Yahoo Mail. You can easily import all old contacts and messages from Gmail/Yahoo.
- One Hotmail account is all you need to access Skype, OneDrive, Office online, etc. You don’t have to create a separate account for each of those.
- Hotmail has industry-standard spam protection and security.
- Customizable swipe gestures to instantly delete/archive/flag messages.
- Amazing search and filter feature. You can search on the basis of the sender, subject, date etc. You can also filter certain types of emails and categorize them.
If you find any difficulties or any other queries regarding Hotmail Sign up, let us know in the comment section below.
Continue to Hotmail email Login .
Mick McIntyre says
I’m trying to create a new hotmail account. It keeps rejecting my password even though it has a least two different of each of uppercase letters, lower case letters, numbers and special symbols.
Also I have entered the characters on numerous occasions and it keeps taking me back to the password setting screen.
What is the problem with you people?
i found this site very helpful.
ufomadu charity ugonma says
I forgot my hotmail password.And so cannot open my microsoft account.help me out. Am frustrated now.
Hello ufomadu charity ugonma,
You can Reset Hotmail password using any of your account recovery methods that you had updated on Hotmail account. For more details follow: How to recover Hotmail Password with steps here.