Everyone needs an email address to communicate with friends, families, and colleagues. Likewise, you also require a mail account to create social media accounts, sign up for newsletters, sharing documents and information. There are many web-based email service provider, which provide free and reliable mail service and Hotmail is one of them. Outlook/Hotmail is free webmail service provided by Microsoft.
Hotmail sign up is an effortless process which you can complete in a couple of minutes. When you create a Hotmail account, you don’t need to make separate accounts for other Microsoft services and products like OneDrive, Bing, Xbox, Skype, MSN, etc.
Even though Hotmail register consists of simple steps and you can sign up without any difficulties, we are here to make sure that no one misses anything. We also guide to fill information correctly, so you don’t miss anything important while creating a new Microsoft account.
New Hotmail Sign Up 2017
Microsoft has recently changed Hotmail account registration steps. Here is the updated sign up process:
- First of all, go to Hotmail.com or Live home page.
You’ll reach for new Microsoft sign-in page. Click on ‘Create One’. Or directly go to Sign up page.
- Then enter the full email address you want to register. You can get @hotmail.com and @outlook.com.
If the desired username is not available, try another or claim one of those that are available. Create a new password for Hotmail account and click ‘Next’. The same process can be completed by clicking on ‘Get a new email address’.
- Enter first and last name in the respective field.
- Select country/region and date of birth. Use a real date of birth so it will be helpful in resetting Hotmail account if you forgot all other details.
- At last enter captcha code. (Microsoft needs to verify that you are human)
Probably you may require verifying a phone number.
Congratulations ! Now you’ve completed Hotmail Sign up process. And you currently own a brand new Hotmail email account which can be used for Microsoft services and products. Now log in to Hotmail account and access all features of a Microsoft account.
Why to Create Hotmail Account?
- It’s free email and calendar service. You’ll get some ad in the inbox, other than that; you don’t have to pay a penny if you don’t mind those ads.
- Available everywhere: You can access Hotmail from any device. There are wonderful Outlook mobile apps for mobile and tablet, and excellent website for web-browsers.
- Easy to switch from Gmail or Yahoo Mail. You can easily import all old contacts and messages from Gmail/Yahoo.
- One Hotmail account is all you need to access Skype, OneDrive, Office online etc. You don’t have to create separate account for each of those.
- Hotmail has industry standard spam protection and security.
- Customizable swipe gestures to instantly delete/archive/flag messages.
- Amazing search and filter feature. You can search on the basis of sender, subject, date etc. You can also filter certain type of emails and categorize them.
Previously you could have created Hotmail account with the following method
- Visit Hotmail sign in page by entering https://hotmail.com. It is the login page for people who already have Hotmail account.
You are going to Make new Hotmail id so click ‘No account? Create one!’ just below ‘Next’ button. Or directly go to Hotmail registration page.
- Now you reach into ‘account create page’ where you need to fill Hotmail sign up form. You will have to provide some of the basic identification information there. Type first Name and last name. Remember, this first and last name will be displayed publicly along with your Hotmail account profile. We suggest to use the real name as everyone who gets connected to Microsoft account will be able to know your identity.
- Under username, type the username you want for Hotmail account. Click on small down arrow right @outlook.com and select @hotmail.com. If @hotmail.com is not your preferred one, then you can use default @outlook.com.
- Create a secure password. Do not use dictionary words. Use Mix alphabets, numbers and special characters for Hotmail password. And enter it again under ‘Re-enter password‘.
- Choose a country, enter a date of birth and gender.
- Type country code and enter the mobile number and alternative email(if you have any) in the respective box. This information you enter for Hotmail sign up will help to secure your account.
- Enter the Captcha code (it’s image of a random number and alphabets) in the box named ‘Enter the character you see‘.
- Click ‘Create Account‘, and Hotmail account sign up process is complete.
If you find any difficulties or any other queries regarding Hotmail Sign up, let us know in comment section below.
Continue to Hotmail email Login here.