You are trying to login to Hotmail account, but someone else’s account is already logged in? It happens because someone who’ve used your device forgot to log out. In this page, we explain you step by step instruction to new Hotmail account sign in.
When using common PC in the family or office people set the ‘Remember me’ option. That’s why when you try to log in your account, you reach into their inbox instead of the sign in page. However if you are using public device for login you are strictly recommended not to use this option.
Hotmail Sign in New Account | Hotmail Login Different Account
If you want to make different Hotmail account, then you can create a new Hotmail email account. With the following steps, you will be able to do Hotmail login for a new account.
- Step 1: Open Hotmail.com from your device, or Go to Hotmail login home page where someone’s account is already logged in.
- Step 2: Click on profile photo on the top corner of the right side.
- Step 3: Click on ‘Sign out‘ among the option where you see a name, email id of another person.
- Step 4: Once you log out of that account, you can log in to Hotmail with a different account. Follow Hotmail email login process.
This problem of someone’s account being logged in arise when you set your browser to remember your login, or you’ve instructed Hotmail to keep you signed in. To avoid such problem, ask the person whose account was logged in not to check the option ‘Keep me signed in‘ while logging in.
Alternative Way for Hotmail Sign in New Account
- Open your browser Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer in which someone’s Hotmail account is logged in
- Open Setting and clear all history, caches, and cookies. So your browser will not remember old login and you can log in with new Hotmail account.
In Windows 10 your device will remember the login credential of the primary user whose account is used in the laptop as administrator. In such a situation, Microsoft edge will never forget his/her login details always. So even if you log out Hotmail, next time automatically shows same Hotmail logged in. So either you can perform above mention steps of Hotmail sign in a new account, or you can use different browsers like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome to login.
Hotmail Login Different User Mobile
If you want to add another Hotmail account in mobile or sign in as a different user, the above steps work for Hotmail mobile site. If you are using Outlook app, then follow this guide to add a separate account in Hotmail mobile.