Hotmail login allows you to access email mail and other Microsoft services like Office 365, OneDrive, Skype, etc. The login process is same for all Microsoft account (Hotmail, Outlook.com, Live Mail, Skype). Don’t have a Microsoft account? You can get one with Hotmail sign up.
Sign in process differs in different OS and device. We are guiding you sign in from web, browser, and application.
Hotmail Sign in from the Web
Login procedure is same for Outlook.com and Live Mail as well.
- Step 1: Visit www.hotmail.com. This address will automatically redirect you to Hotmail login page. It will say ‘Use your Microsoft account’, don’t worry your Hotmail email is a Microsoft account.
- Step 2: Enter your Hotmail email id in the first box displaying ‘Email, Phone, or Skype name‘ and click ‘Next’. We suggest entering your full email address like ‘Youremail@hotmail.com’.
- Step 3: Enter your Hotmail password and click ‘Sign in’. Remember passwords are case-sensitive. So if it says the password is incorrect, check whether caps lock is on or you entered a wrong capitalization.
If you want your device to remember your login details check the box ‘Keep me signed in‘ and click ‘Sign in‘, so you don’t have enter login credentials every time.
Hotmail Sign in via Windows App
Windows PC user can access Hotmail from Mail app, which you can download from Windows store.
- Open Mail app from programs or search ‘Mail’ from Cortana/Search box.
- Click on the menu of Mail app and select Accounts > Add Account. You can also do this by setting > Manage Accounts > Add account
- You’ll be asked to choose the type of your email, select Outlook.com.
- Enter your Microsoft account and password and click sign in.
You will reach into Hotmail inbox which is now named as Outlook Mail. You can access all your old Hotmail emails and contact in outlook.com. If you face any issues in Hotmail account login, please visit Hotmail login support page.
Two-Step Verification for Hotmail.com Login
Two-step authentication lets you sign in to Hotmail email account securely. If your Hotmail account contains sensitive personal or business information, it would be better to use two-step verification for Outlook email login. When two-step verification is enabled, you have to enter additional security code after you enter Hotmail login password. You can get security codes via Text, Email, or Authenticator app.
In your personal and trusted device check/tick on the option ‘I sign in frequently on this device. Don’t ask me for a code.’ So that you don’t have to enter two-factor authentication code for that particular device in future unless you clear web cache/cookies.
Watch Hotmail Sign In Steps:
Turn on or turn off Hotmail Two-step Verification Code
- Go to Microsoft Account Settings > Security & Privacy > More Security Settings >Two-Step Verification > Turn on two-step verification.
- To disable, follow the same process, and click > Turn off two-step verification.
When enabling two-step verification we suggest you use authenticator app. When you set up the authenticator app, you don’t need to wait for a text to arrive in your cell. It will work even when you are traveling abroad or places without a mobile network.
For Hotmail account Login to iPhone and Android, please visit Hotmail mobile page. But, if you want to sign in on Hotmail Mobile site you can follow above-mentioned steps from your mobile browsers. (Chrome, Edge, Safari, Firefox, Opera)
Continue to Official Hotmail Site.