Forgot Gmail Password? Are you receiving a message like ‘Username and password do not match’ while you’re trying to sign in to Gmail account? If yes we will assist you in Gmail account recovery process through which you will be able to reset Gmail password.
Google account login password is the same for all Google products like Gmail, Google Drive, YouTube, etc. So if you forgot Gmail login password, you can’t log in to other services as well without resetting it.
Before starting Google password recovery makes sure there are no caps lock on, or you forget to capitalize a particular letter and try again. But do not try too many times because Google will block your account.
Gmail Password Recovery Steps
Using an Alternative Email and Mobile Number
- Visit Gmail.com and click ‘SIGN IN’. If you directly reach into the sign in page, enter your Gmail id and click ‘Next’.
- Click on ‘Forgot password?’ the option is just below the password field.
- Google will ask you to ‘Enter the last password you remember’. If you don’t remember any old password click ‘Try another way’.
- You will reach into account recovery page where It will give a hint on which phone number you’ve used as recovery address. You have to enter your full mobile number. If you don’t have access to that phone number, please select ‘I don’t have my phone’. You’ve to confirm the recovery email address.
- You will get a security code from Gmail either on text or email depending on the option you’ve selected. Enter the security code and select ‘Next’. While entering the code, you need to enter the numbers only, don’t use alphabet G. If you don’t receive the security code, click on ‘Resend code’.
- After successfully verifying the security code, you reach into password reset page. Create a new and strong Gmail password and select ‘Change password’. While making new password don’t use the same password for multiple accounts.
Congratulations, You’ve successfully recovered Gmail password.
Gmail Password Recovery Without Alternative Email or Mobile Number
You need to set up Gmail recovery options and keep them up to date so you can reset your Google account easily. But it’s tough if recovery options are not set or you no longer have access to the alternative number or mail address. You need to provide some factual information about your account to reset Gmail password without phone or email.
- Go to Gmail sign in page and enter your Gmail account (Gmail username).
- Select the ‘Forgot password?’ option and click ‘Next’.
- If you remember any old password, you’ve used previously in your Gmail account enter it. If not select ‘Try another way’.
- Select ‘I don’t have my phone’.
- Google will give you options like reply security question and alternative recovery email address. If the security question is set, answer it.
- Keep selecting ‘Try another way’ till you reach the very last stage.
- Google will ask you to enter the alternative email address. Enter another email account where you can get Google security code.
- Check the inbox of the account you’ve provided. Copy the code you’ve received from Google and paste it into account help page.
- You’ll get your account back if the information you’ve provided is correct. If not you’ll get a message ‘Google couldn’t verify it’s you, so you can’t sign into this account right now.’
Login to Gmail account after successful password recovery.