If you’re here to reset Gmail password, then visit our page Gmail password recovery. We are outlining other Gmail account recovery issues to your Gmail email here in this section.
How to Recover Google Account?
You tried to login Google account but failed and received error messages like, ‘Your password does not work’, ‘Sorry, Google does not recognize that email’, or ‘Unusual activity’ then you need to recover Google account. ‘Gmail account recovery form‘ can be used as Gmail account recovery options also.
Gmail login password does not work
- You remember Google login credentials but still failed to sign in then make sure that you don’t have caps lock on because passwords are case sensitive. And check that your keyboard is in the correct language.
- Google reserves the right to suspend and terminate Google account for any reason, with or without prior notice. Your Google account may be suspended due to unusual activity, visit Gmail help page to enable your Gmail account by answering the questionnaire. Or if you want to quite suspend Google account and create another one then, create a new Gmail account here.
Forgot Gmail Email username
- Visit Gmail username recovery page or Visit gmail.com > more option > Forgot email.
- Enter the recovery email address or phone number. Make sure you have access to those recovery options.
- Choose either a backup email address or Gmail account recovery phone number you listed when you sign up Gmail account. And enter the name of the account.
- Enter your name on Google account. You have to enter exact first and last name associated with Google account. Then click ‘Next’.
- Sign in your alternative email address or check the inbox of your mobile number. Google will send you a verification code. Enter the 6-digit code in the box shown below.
If you’ve chosen Gmail account recovery phone number, then you will receive a code to your number. Enter the code and click ‘Continue’. Google help will show usernames associated with that phone number in next page.
Someone else is using my Gmail account
If you doubt someone else is using your Gmail email, and still you’ve access to it, change Gmail password immediately and secure your account. And if you can’t access your Gmail account, then reset Gmail password here.
Set up a Recovery Phone Number or Email Address
Adding a recovery email address and phone number to Gmail account is not compulsory, but adding one of those makes it easier to regain access to your Gmail account if you lost login credentials any time.
Steps adding or editing a recovery phone number or email address
- Sign in to My account.
- Click ‘Your personal info’ under ‘Personal Info & Privacy’ section.
- Choose ‘Email’ to add or edit recovery email address.
Click to recovery email, and enter the recovery email address.
- Select ‘Phone’ to add or edit recovery phone number.
Click the edit icon to edit existing phone number.