Gmail account login is essential to use Google products like Gmail, Google Plus, Google Drive, YouTube and more. First, you need to have access to Gmail username and Gmail login password to go through Gmail login process. Note that; a single Google account lets you use different Google products and services mentioned earlier.
If you have yet to become a member of Gmail email service, then create Gmail account first. Here in this article, we will guide you to Gmail account login procedure.
Gmail Account Login Steps
Gmail login process is easy to follow. You can login to Gmail account from PC/Laptop, tablet, and mobile devices.
- Navigate www.gmail.com in your web-browser. You’ll reach into Gmail.com login page.
- Click ‘Sign in’ link as shown below.
Sometimes, anything next to this picture may also appear as a landing page, and you will be shown to Gmail sign in page directly.
- Enter your Gmail email username. And click ‘Next.’
Click ‘Sign in with a different account’ if username box if filled already and you want to login another Gmail account. Remember that you can omit @gmail.com portion.
- Enter Gmail login password in the password box as shown below.Check password as you type and correct by clicking eye icon next to your password box. Remember that passwords are case sensitive, check your Caps-Lock key on your keyboard. You need to enter as you create the password when you Create Gmail account earlier.
- Check ‘Stay signed in’.
Checking this features saves your Gmail login passwords and username for further login attempts. But we suggest not to tick the box if you sign into Gmail using any unknown devices.
- Click ‘Sign in.’
By clicking sign in link, you’ll be directed to Gmail email inbox page. Start composing the new email by tapping ‘Compose’ link. Gmail contacts, tasks, and inbox can be assessed using this Gmail email inbox page.
Gmail Account Sign in with 2-step Verification
You can add extra security to your Gmail by enabling 2-step verification. Enabling 2-step verification system helps on keeping bad guys out of your Gmail account, even if they have access to your Gmail login password.
How to enable/disable Google 2-step verification?
- Visit https://myaccount.google.com/ after signing into Gmail Account.
- Select ‘Sign-in & Security’ option.
- Scroll down, and you will see ‘2-Step verification’ option under the heading ‘Signing into Google’ sub-heading ‘Password & sign-in method’.
- Follow the instructions given on that page. You can enable or disable Gmail 2-Step verification with the same process.
Steps to Gmail Login with 2-step Verification
- Google will ask you to enter additional security code after you enter Gmail username and password.
- Enter the 6-digit code you received on your phone number. How you receive code depends on the method you’ve selected previously. You can either receive the code in text, in call or authenticator app.
- Trust this computer.
By ticking ‘Don’t ask again on this computer’, you won’t be asked to enter a verification code again when you sign in Gmail account using this computer or device. But you need to enter verification code if you sign in Gmail from another computer.
Gmail Account Login from the Mobile Phone
Gmail Mobile login is same for iPhone and Android. It is slightly different for Windows phone as there isn’t official Gmail app for Windows phone.
- Download and Install Gmail App from Google play store or Apple store.
- Type your Gmail ID and tap ‘Next’.
- Enter the password for that account and tap ‘Sign in’.
- You will reach into your Gmail inbox. If your 2-step verification is activated, you have to enter the verification code before accessing inbox.
Other options are also available to access Gmail from mobile. You can sign in using Outlook Mail app or Yahoo Mail app or other third party Mail app.
Continue to Gmail Official site