Forgot Yahoo Password? Yahoo Mail has a service SignIn-Helper using which you can reset Yahoo password. You can recover Yahoo password using a mobile phone number, alternative email address or security question answer. So make sure you have updated recovery options incase you locked out of Yahoo account.
Forgot Yahoo Password? Reset Yahoo Password Using a Phone Number
- Go to Yahoo SignIn Helper. (It is Yahoo Password Helper)
Alternately, you can go to Yahoo Sign In Homepage > Enter your email > click Next > Forgot Password.
- Enter your email address (Yahoo username) and click ‘Continue‘.
- Prove you’re not a robot. Enter captcha code if you’re asked to enter it. And click ‘Continue‘.
If the code is not visible or you don’t get it properly, try a new code. Or click Audio code to listen to Captcha code.
- The new page shows you the first and last two digits of your phone number. Enter two missing number for last four digits of your mobile number. And click ‘Submit‘.
- Yahoo will ask do you have access to that number, click ‘Yes, text me an Account Key‘.
- Shortly you will receive a code in your SMS. Enter the verification code and then click ‘Verify‘.
- After your code is matched you will be logged into your Yahoo account.
- Click ‘Create a new Password’ to reset Yahoo Mail Password. You can click ‘Continue’ to access Yahoo Mail regularly.
Recover Yahoo Password Using Alternate Email Address
If you forgot Yahoo password and do not have access to the registered number, then you can use this method to reset Yahoo Mail password.
- Visit the Yahoo Mail Password Helper page.
- Enter the email address of which you want to reset the password and click ‘Continue‘.
- If you have already verified your phone number to Yahoo email account then option to reset your password via text message will show up. Click on, ‘I don’t know the digits‘.
- Now you will see your alternate email address of yahoo account in a masked format. Check first one and last two letters of your alternative email address. And click ‘Yes, send me an Account Key‘. Be sure that you have access to that alternative email account.
- You will receive an email with the title ‘Recover access to your Yahoo account’ in your alternative email address inbox. Enter the verification code that is sent and click ‘Verify‘. Note: also check your spam folders in your alternate email.
- You will now be logged to your Yahoo account, either click ‘Continue’ to use Yahoo Mail or click ‘Create new password‘ to create new yahoo password.
You’ll be then landed onto the following Yahoo password reset page. Enter new Yahoo password and confirm a new password. Tick ‘box’ near to show password to see what you type as a password. Click ‘Continue’ as follow to complete Yahoo Mail password reset process.
Reset Yahoo email password using secret question
- Visit Yahoo Sign-in Helper.
- Enter your Yahoo ID and click the next button.
- Choose ‘Use my secret questions‘ then click ‘Next’.
- Enter the correct answers to your secret questions set beforehand then click ‘Next’.
- Enter a new password and click ‘Next’.
Reset Yahoo Mail password using Yahoo Mobile App
- Open the Yahoo Mobile App on your Phone.
- Click ‘I can’t Access my Account‘ option which is just under the sign-in button.
- Click ‘Recover Your Password’ then enter your username in the username field and then click ‘OK‘.
- Your mobile number will be listed in masked format, click it and press ‘OK‘.
- You will find code or link with instructions on how to reset your password via SMS.
- Follow the instructions and then reset the password.
We suggest to creating a secure Yahoo Mail Password for the account when you successfully reset Yahoo Mail password. Sign into Yahoo Mail account and you can change your recovery details associated with your account. Do not share any details publicly.
Continue to Yahoo Mail sign in page.