Forgot Yahoo Password? Yahoo Mail has a service SignIn-Helper using which you can reset Yahoo password. You can recover Yahoo password using a mobile phone number, alternate email address or answers to the security question that you have chosen at the time of signing up. Do not forget to confirm that you have updated recovery options in case you locked out of Yahoo account.
Forgot Yahoo Password? Reset Yahoo Password Using a Phone Number
- Go to Yahoo SignIn Helper. (It is Yahoo Password Helper)
Alternately, you can go to Yahoo Sign In Homepage > Enter your email > click Next > Forgot Password.
- Enter your email address (Yahoo username) and click ‘Continue‘.
- Prove you’re not a robot. Enter captcha code if you’re asked to enter it. And click ‘Continue‘.
If the code is not visible or you don’t get it properly, try a new code. Or click Audio code to listen to Captcha code.
- The new page shows you the first and last two digits of your phone number. Enter two missing number for the last four digits of your mobile number. And click ‘Submit‘.
- Yahoo will ask do you have access to that number, click ‘Yes, text me an Account Key‘.
- Shortly you will receive a code in your SMS. Enter the verification code and then click ‘Verify‘.
- After your code is matched, you will be logged into your Yahoo account.
- At last, click ‘Create a new Password’ to reset Yahoo Mail Password. Now, you can click ‘Continue’ to access Yahoo Mail regularly.
Recover Yahoo Password Using Alternate Email Address
If you forgot Yahoo password and do not have access to the registered number, then you can use this method to reset Yahoo Mail password.
- Visit the Yahoo Mail Password Helper page.
- Enter the email address of which you want to reset the password and click ‘Continue‘.
- If you have already verified your phone number to Yahoo email account then option to reset your password via text message will show up. Click on, ‘I don’t know the digits‘.
- Now you will see your alternate email address of yahoo account in a masked format. First, check first one and last two letters of your alternative email address and then click ‘Yes, send me an Account Key‘. Before that, make sure that you have access to that alternative email account.
- You will receive an email with the title ‘Recover access to your Yahoo account’ in your alternative email address inbox. Enter the verification code that is sent and then click on ‘Verify‘. Note: also check your spam folders in your alternate email.
- You will now be logged to your Yahoo account, either click ‘Continue’ to use Yahoo Mail or click ‘Create new password‘ to create new yahoo password.
You’ll be then landed onto the following Yahoo password reset page. Type the new Yahoo password and then retype it to confirm. Tick ‘box’ near to show the password to see what you type as a password. Click ‘Continue’ as follow to complete Yahoo Mail password reset process.
Reset Yahoo email password using the secret question
- Visit Yahoo Sign-in Helper.
- Enter your Yahoo ID and click the next button.
- Choose ‘Use my secret questions‘ then click ‘Next’.
- Input the correct answers to your secret questions set beforehand then click ‘Next’.
- Finally, enter a new password and click ‘Next’.
Procedure to Reset Yahoo Mail password using Yahoo Mobile App
- Open the Yahoo Mobile App on your Phone.
- Click ‘I can’t Access my Account‘ option which is just under the sign-in button.
- Now, click ‘Recover Your Password’ then enter your username in the username field and then click ‘OK‘.
- Your mobile number will be listed in masked format, click it and press ‘OK‘.
- You will find code or link with instructions on how to reset your password via SMS.
- Follow the instructions and then reset the password.
While resetting the password we recommend creating a secure Yahoo Mail Password. Finally, you will be able to Sign in to Yahoo Mail account and now you can change your recovery details associated with your account. Do not share any details publicly.
Continue to Yahoo Mail sign in page.
Daeshana winsley says
Hi I’m trying to reset my password but it won’t let me the phone number they have on file I don’t have that number anymore please help me wat can I do
Signin Support says
Hello Daeshana Winsley,
Yahoo mail passwords can be reset with different methods. If you no longer have access to recovery phone number, you can reset Yahoo Mail password using recovery email or security question.
To reset password using security code
Visit Yahoo mail home page
Enter your Yahoo email address and click ‘Next’
Click ‘Forgot password’
Enter your recovery email address and click ‘Continue’ (as you do not have access to recovery phone number)
Yahoo will ask you to enter capthca, enter the captcha given and click ‘Submit’
Click ‘Yes, Send me the account key’
You’ll receive Yahoo account key in your alternative email address, copy that account key and paste in Yahoo verification box and click ‘Verify’
You’ll be signed in with your account. If you have set security question answer in your Yahoo account, you can reset password using security question, answer as well.
We recommend you to check whether your recovery information is up to date or not. If you’ve to change the mobile number, change it to your account as well.
I am unable to access my account I am not given the option to use my security questions, I don’t have access to my alternative email any longer and the phone number last 2 numbers don’t match the number I have had over 9 years so I don’t have no idea the phone number listed . Please help me I need to access this email everything personal is sent to this email, my bank statement, bills . Etc.
Login Support says
Try your old phone numbers. If you have set alternative email address for Yahoo account recovery then you can reset password using that email. But if you don’t have recovery number or email address then it’s very hard to reset Yahoo password. Yahoo doesn’t provide call or chat support. Gmail and Outlook/Hotmail provide option to recover account even without mail or number but Yahoo just neglect users.
I know my alternate email and it keeps saying that its sending the access code to my alternate but I keep refreshing and its not there. It isnt in spam either. I have no access to the phone number so the email is the only option but its not working and I dont know why.
Atanu Bhuyan says
I too have tried without any luck to recover my e mail accounts with Yahoo with no success because all my associated mobile number is no longer active and is of another country, and all other alternative email accounts are closed as the providers have closed down. One of them is active but somehow input within the yahoo settings with a typo. Is there any way I can access my account? I’ve been trying to access customer support as well for a year but no progress. Please help.
Login Support says
Hello Atanu Bhuyan
I’m sorry to inform you but if you’ve lost all your alternative email address and phone numbers then it’s really really hard to recover your Yahoo Mail account. Have you set security question answer and do you still remember them? If not we suggest you to reset your recovery email address first.
Please I have also tried recovering my yahoo password via my alternative phone no without success ..please what do I do
Daniel Mark says
Please visit https://login.yahoo.com/forgot? here you can select the option. Follow the step mentioned above Forgot Yahoo password? Reset Yahoo password using phone and be sure at step
The missing numbers must be input correctly.
Mary Flanagan says
I have tried without any luck to recover my e mail accounts with Yahoo with no success because all my alternative e mails were hacked as well. What can I do if all e mails have been hacked and I no longer know phone I used to set up account?
Login Support says
Hello Mary Flanagan
Yahoo Mail now removed the option to reset password via security question. So we suggest you to recover your alternative email first and then recovery Yahoo account. Please visit our Gmail account recovery or Hotmail account recovery page to see how to recover your hacked account.
Hamid Reza Amini says
I don’t have access to my account (hamid_amini64) and I don’t have access to my alternative email address (vitious_dragon) too, I couldn’t access my accounts for several years
Is there any way to recover my emails?
I need my accounts and I don’t want to create new account
please help me