You need to create Apple Id to use different Apple products like iPhone, iTunes, iCloud, iMessage, etc. An Apple Id is an email id and password which you use to access Apple products and services. It also includes your contact, payment and security details across Apple services.
You can sign up for Apple Id when setting up a new device or log in to iTunes or iCloud for the first time. Additionally, you can make an Apple id by visiting Apple ID site.
Requirements to Create an Apple Id
- A valid email address.
- Secure login password.
- Date of birth.
- Three security question answers and a recovery email address.
Apple ID Sign Up from Mac or PC
You can also sign up for Apple ID from PC
- Visit appleid.apple.com from Safari/Chrome/Firefox or any browser of your choice.
- Click on ‘Create Your Apple ID’.
- Enter the email account you want as Apple ID. It can be Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL or any email address you are using.
- Create a new password. It must be more than eight characters long and should contain at least one uppercase, lowercase, and a number.
- Enter your personal identification information like first and last name, and birthday.
- Select security question and answer. Make sure you will remember these answers in future.
- Choose your country. Enter the captcha code and click ‘Continue.’
- You’ll receive security code in your email account. Enter the security code and click ‘Verify’. If you didn’t receive the code, click ‘Send a new code’. Sometimes verification email arrives in Junk/Spam folder so if it’s not in the inbox, don’t forget to check other folders.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully created Apple ID. Now you can use iCloud, iTunes, iMessages, App store with this new Apple account.
Create Apple ID Account from iPhone/iPad
- Open ‘Settings’ App.
- Scroll down and tap ‘iCloud’.
- Tap on ‘Create a new Apple ID’.
- Select your date of birth.
We advise you to enter your actual date of birth. It is useful while resetting Apple password. Tap ‘Next’ on the top right corner after selecting a date.
- Type your First and Last name and tap ‘Next’ again.
- You can either use your existing email address or get a free iCloud email address. If you select to use current email, continue to below process, otherwise visit iCloud account sign up.
- Type your email address, (Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, Yahoo or any email works). This email address will be your new Apple ID.
- Enter the password you want for Apple account.
Don’t use the same password for multiple accounts. Apple password must be eight characters long and should include a number, an uppercase, and a lowercase letter.
- In next step, you have to choose three security questions and answers to them. Don’t choose answer that are too obvious to other. Security answers should be easy for you to remember but hard for other to predict.
- Read ‘Terms and Conditions’ and tap ‘Agree’. A pop-up will appear, tap ‘Agree’ again.
- You need to verify your email account. Go to the inbox of an email which you used as apple account. You’ll receive a verification email from Apple. Tap on ‘Verify Now’.
You will reach into Apple ID site, enter your Apple password which you’ve created previously and log in. Your email address is now verified.
Make a New Apple ID using iTunes from PC or Mac
- Open iTunes Application.
- Click on ‘Account’ on the menu and then ‘Sign in’.
- Select the option ‘Create New Apple ID’.
- Fill up the sign-up form and click ‘Continue’.
- Enter your credit card and billing information.
- Check your email account for the verification email and verify it.