Create a Signature in Outlook
You can create a signature in Outlook or add it so that the signature automatically added whenever you create a new email or reply to emails. This feature of Outlook will save your time and prevent typo errors in your signatures. Outlook also allows you to create multiple signatures so that you can use a different signature for professional and personal emails.
You can also add useful universal messages like “Think before you print; Your small endeavor to protect nature” that you want to be displayed along with your Signature. The message should be such that, it will reflect your nature and intention. It helps to create your positive impression among the recipients of your emails.
Create Outlook Signature online (from the web)
- Step 1: Sign into outlook.com and click on ‘setting gear‘, in the upper right corner just before the question mark sign and click on ‘View all the outlook settings‘ at the last of the drop-down menu that appears.
- Step 2: A menu tab will appear towards the left corner of the page. In the menu, choose mail option and click on “Compose and reply”. You will see Email signature inbox under the Compose and reply heading.
- Step 3: Create a new signature for Outlook. You can insert images, change font, text font color and add hyperlinks to make your signature more informative and attractive.
- Step 4: Check in the box whether you want to include sign on all emails you compose, or you want it on emails you Forward/Reply as well. Once you are done click ‘Save‘ and your signature will be automatically attached to emails that you compose, reply or forward.
Create a signature in Outlook (Android app)
- Step 1: Go to Outlook app from your Android device.
- Step 2: Tap on three horizontal line in the top right corner.
- Step 3: Tap on setting icon in the bottom right corner.
- Step 4: Scroll down and tap on ‘Signature‘ beside ‘pen‘ icon.
- Step 5: Delete ‘Get Outlook for Android‘ and create an email signature in Outlook which you want to add in an Outlook email account and tap correct sign in the top right corner.
Create a signature in Outlook (iPhone app)
- Step 1: Open Outlook app from your iPhone.
- Step 2: Tap on setting sign ‘Settings‘ at right down corner.
- Step 3: Scroll down a little and tap on ‘Signature‘.
- Step 4: If you want to use the same sign in all your account then turn off ‘Per Account Signature‘ otherwise leave it ‘On‘.
- Step 5: Finally edit the default signature ‘Get Outlook for iPhone‘ and then write what signature you want to add in Outlook email.
Create a Signature in Outlook desktop app
You can add a signature in Outlook; which can be text, an image of the logo, image of your handwritten signature or your electronic business card. Once you make an Outlook signature you can set it to add automatically on all your outgoing email or only one the email you choose.
Here is the step by step procedure to create a signature in Outlook 2016 and Outlook 2013.
The below steps and image illustrations are based on office 2016 signature creation.
- Open Outlook 2016 application on your PC.
- Click on ‘New Email‘, or you can use shortcut ‘Ctrl+N‘.
- After that click on ‘Signature’, a small pop-up will appear just below it click on ‘Signatures…‘. You can also reach here by going to Tools > option > Mail Format > Signature.
- In the new window Signatures and Stationery click ‘New’ and then in the pop-up window enter the Name for the signature. (It’s just name of the signature that you are about to create which helps you identify the signature when you try to insert them while sending emails. Keep the name of signature in such a way that you will be able to identify them by their name. For example, you can keep the name “Professional” for professional signature and “Personal” for your signature for your personal email).
- Finally, create Signature as per you prefer. You can add text, image/picture or business card to your signature as per your requirement or preferences.
By following the similar procedure, you can add/change the signature in Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016.