AOL Mail is one of the most popular email services in America. It is a free web-based email service by AOL, which operates under Verizon Communications. It is also known as AIM Mail (AOL Instant Messenger).
Since March 2017, Verizon has migrated all in-house email service customer to AOL Mail. AOL Mail is famous because of features like unlimited email storage capacity, supports POP3, SMTP, and IMAP protocols, secure spam, virus protection, spell checking, canceling already send an email, etc.
Besides this, by creating AOL mail you can also enjoy services like AIM, About. Me, Distro, MapQuest after AOL Mail login. When you sign in with AOL Mail, you will get personalized/localized news, search result from aol.com.
Procedure to AOL Mail Login
AOL.com Mail login can be done via a web browser, desktop app, and mobile app.
AOL Mail Sign In via Browser
Following is the AOL Mail Login process for the browser (Desktop/Laptop & mobile).
- First of all launch aol.com from your web browser (Google Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox, etc.) and click on Mail at the left side of the page. Alternatively, you can also directly visit mail.aol.com, and you’ll reach AOL Mail login page.
- You need to enter AOL username or email address of AOL mail and enter your AOL mail username or email and click on ‘Next’. If you are using a personal device, you can check the option ‘Stay signed in’ so you can access AOL Mail without doing this login process next time.
- Finally, enter your password associated with your AOL mail and click ‘Sign In’ to log into your AOL mail account’s inbox.
- Congratulations, you just logged in to your AOL.com mail inbox. You can follow AOL news here, compose an email and send it to your friends or family from your AOL inbox.
You’ll reach into AOL inbox successfully. If AOL Mail login process is not successful, check whether you’ve entered an email address and password correctly or not. Don’t worry even if you don’t remember the password; you can easily reset it in no time.
AOL Mail Login via Desktop App
For regular AOL Mail user, AOL desktop app may be more convenient than accessing it from the browser. On the desktop app, once you set-up AOL Mail, you don’t need to enter your login details again.
- Download AOL Mail desktop app. Installing time may vary depends upon your device and internet connectivity.
- Select software settings you desire and click continue.
- Choose the folder on the desktop to install AOL Desktop app after reviewing settings.
- Click ‘Install now’. After successful installation, you can start to use the app immediately.
- Log in with your AOL username.
If downloading 3rd party app is not your thing, then you can access AOL Mail from default Mail app on Windows.
- Open Mail app on your device.
- Click on Setting gear sign and Manage accounts.
- Choose ‘Add account’ option to add new AOL mail.
- In ‘Choose an account’ page, pick ‘Other account’ (POP, IMAP).
- Enter your AOL email address, your email, and password for the account.
- The app auto-detect settings for AOL Mail. AOL Mail is now synced, and you can manage it from the Windows Mail app.
AOL Mail Sign In from Mobile App
AOL has a decent mobile app to access emails, news, and video on the go. On AOL Mail mobile app, your contacts will sync seamlessly, can delete or archive message with a swipe.
- Download AOL Mail App from App Store for iPhone and Google play store for Android.
- Go to the menu and open AOL Mail app.
- There are tutorials to use the app; you can check those tutorials or skip it.
- Tap on the Mail icon, and you’ll reach the AOL login page. Finally, enter your username and password.
After signing in, you can check the news, trending videos or search the web using the same app.
Unlike other Mail apps from Outlook/Gmail, AOL app doesn’t allow you to add 3rd party emails to the app. So, AOL mail app is a good app for AOL user only, but for people who use multiple email services, it may not be suitable. Therefore we advise you to add AOL Mail on Outlook Mobile app so you can access various inboxes from the same app.
Is AOL mail down?
Though AOL mail is one of the prominent email service providers in the US, the problems of server down and service outage is not new for its users. There have been many times a day when you can’t log into your AOL mail inbox or even it blacks out while you try to send an email to your boss. When such problems occur, you will see ‘Service Unavailable’ on your AOL mail screen. If you see your screen blank or as mentioned in the image below, don’t panic, it just takes few seconds to get back to service for AOL mail servers.
Verizon mail login via AOL Mail
Since Verizon mail is not in existence anymore, you can’t log in to Verizon with your @verizon.net email address anymore. However, if you managed to extract your data from your Verizon email such as contacts, calendar and address book to AOL or other third party emails, you have just saved yourself. As Verizon has deleted all the data of its users effective from 15 Dec 2017. Those who have managed to migrate data, you can have access to your Verizon email using the @verizon.net email address by visiting mail.aol.com.
If you can’t log in to AOL mail using Verizon email address, first of all, make sure you enter the full email address such as ‘[email protected]’ to login box of AOL mail. Please note, migrating your email to AOL from Verizon will not affect your other Verizon services, at all.
AOL mail login with 2-step verification (2FA)
As we know, 2-step verification is an additional measure to secure our account with an additional step to login to our account. When 2 step verification is enabled, most of the time you get a text to your linked mobile number after you enter your correct password. This certainly enables extra security measure to stop hackers or unauthorized login to your personal aol.com mail or even business email on AOL.
So you may be wondering, how 2FA works with AOL mail. Well, when you enter your correct aol.com mail password, you will be sent a text to your registered mobile number and on your login screen. Consequently, you will be promoted to a box where you need to enter the code you received from AOL. If you enter the correct code, you will be forwarded to your inbox of AOL mail.
How to set up 2-step verification for AOL.com mail login?
- First of all, sign in to your account security page using your AOL username and password.
- At the right side of ‘Two Step Verification’ you can see a toggle button, click on it to enable.
- Now select your country and then enter your mobile number. After that click either ‘Send SMS’ or ‘Call me’. However, we recommend choosing ‘Send SMS’ option.
- You will receive SMS from AOL within few minutes for 2FA. Enter the code you received via text or call and click ‘Verify’ to enable 2-step verification login. If you didn’t receive the verification code from AOL then wait for a few more minutes and either click ‘Resend SMS’ or ‘Call Me’ button to verify your mobile number.
- When the code you entered is correct, you will see a screen with Success. Congratulation! you successfully enabled your 2 step verification for AOL mail login. Lastly, click ‘Skip for Now’ if you use AOL mail via web browsers. Remember that you need to create app passwords if you have added your AOL mail to other third-party email service providers like Outlook and iOS mail.
What are the minimum system requirements for AOL.com Mail?
You must have your web browsers like Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox up to date to have the best user experience and get the best out of AOL.com mail. Here are the lists of systems best for AOL mail for your reference.
Operating systems that work with the mobile web version of AOL Mail
- Android 4.1 and above
- iOS 5 and above
- Nexus 7
- Blackberry 10
- WebOS Products
Operating systems that work best with Standard Version of AOL Mail
Windows 7, 8 and 10 / Windows XP (Professional and Home)
- The latest version of Firefox
- The latest version of Chrome
- The latest version of Internet Explorer
- The latest version of Safari
- AOL Desktop Software 9.0 and above