Need to create an email address? Then why don’t you register AOL Mail? After an AOL sign up, you can access services like AOL Mail,
AIM, etc. AIM has been discontinued from December 2017.
Why Select AOL Mail?
- It’s free to create and use.
- Unlimited email storage and 25MB of attachment limit.
- Advance spam filters and virus protection.
- Available on all platforms. (Laptop, tablet, mobile)
- In addition to email, get latest headlines, trending videos and many other productivity tools from AOL homepage.
How to Sign Up for AOL Mail?
Create a new AOL account instantly with following steps. If you are having any problem while creating AOL Mail, then you can also check where you’ve made a mistake. Create a new account via mobile app or web browser.
- First, visit AOL account creation page from the internet browser.
Alternatively, visit AOL homepage (aol.com) > Click on Mail > Get a Free Username. For mobile app user, open AOL Mail app > Tap mail icon > Sign up for a Free Account.
- Then, you’ll reach the sign-up page. Enter your first and last name in respective boxes.
The name you’ve entered will be shown to the people you communicate with. You can change the name later.
- Pick an AOL username. It must be at least three characters long.
If the username you desire is already taken, you’ll be asked to take another id.
- Create a secure password.
A secure password consists of capital and small letters, numbers and special characters. Don’t use a password which is easy for others to guess. Re-enter the password to confirm it.
- Select your date of birth and gender.
Some people use fake or random DOB, but we suggest you use the real date of birth.
- Enter the zip code for your area.
AOL uses zip code to provide personalized experiences such as weather and news.
- Set a security question and answer it.
This piece of information is required in future when you’ve to reset AOL password. Don’t select question, which has a too obvious answer.
- Type your Mobile number. You’ll receive the verification code in the provided mobile number.
- Enter alternative email address if you have any. If not, leave it empty.
- Enter the captcha code you see and click on sign up. As a result, you’ll receive security code on your phone. Enter the verification code and click finish to complete AOL mail sign up process.
Finally, AOL mail sign up process is complete. Log into AOL Mail account to use newly created account instantly. Comment below if you have any issues while accessing your AOL account.
How to add or create additional AOL username?
Do you know you can have more than one screen name for AOL? You can create additional six AOL username beside your master screen name.
Points to consider before making additional username:
- Username should be 3 to 16 letters long
- Start your username with capital letter
- You can use letters, numbers, and space in username but can’t use symbols.
- Visit myaccount.aol.com and log in with your primary username
- Select ‘Manage My Usernames’ from drop-down menu on Username Options
- In Add a Screen Name field, enter the username you wish to create and click Add.
However, starting from 30th Nov 2017, option to add and restore deleted usernames is no longer available. To create a new username, you have to follow the AOL sign up process. And newly formed screen names are treated as separate accounts and won’t be linked to your current AOL account.