AOL Mail is one of the most popular email services in America. It is a free web-based email service by AOL, which operates under Verizon Communications. It is also known as AIM Mail (AOL Instant Messenger).
Since March 2017, Verizon has migrated all in-house email service customer to AOL Mail. AOL Mail is popular because of features like unlimited email storage capacity, supports POP3, SMTP, and IMAP protocols, strong spam, virus protection, spell checking, canceling already send an email, etc.
You can also enjoy services like AIM, About.me, Distro, MapQuest after AOL Mail login. When you sign in with AOL Mail, you will get personalized/localized news, search result from aol.com.
Procedure to AOL Mail Login
AOL Mail can be accessed via web browser, desktop app, and mobile app.
AOL Mail Sign In via Browser
Following is the AOL Mail Login process for the browser (Desktop/Laptop & mobile).
- First of all launch aol.com from your web browser (Google Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox, etc.) and click on Mail. Alternatively, you can directly visit mail.aol.com, and you’ll reach AOL Mail login page.
- You need to enter AOL username or email address and password on respective boxes and click on ‘Sign in’. If you are using a personal device, you can check the option ‘Remember me’ so you can access AOL Mail without doing this login process next time.
You’ll reach into AOL inbox successfully. If AOL Mail login process is not successful, check whether you’ve entered an email address and password correctly or not. If you don’t remember the password, you can easily reset AOL password.
AOL Mail Login via Desktop App
For regular AOL Mail user, AOL desktop app may be more convenient than accessing it from the browser. On desktop app, once you set-up AOL Mail, you don’t need to enter your login details again.
- Download AOL Mail desktop app. Installing time may vary depends upon your device and internet connectivity.
- Select software settings you desire and click continue.
- Choose the folder on the desktop to install AOL Desktop app after reviewing settings.
- Click ‘Install now’. After successful installation, you can start to use the app immediately.
- Log in with your AOL username.
If downloading 3rd party app is not your thing, then you can access AOL Mail from default Mail app on Windows.
- Open Mail app on your device.
- Click on Setting gear sign and Manage accounts.
- Choose ‘Add account’ option to add new AOL mail.
- On Choose an account page, pick ‘Other account’ (POP, IMAP).
- Enter your AOL email address, your email, and password for the account.
- The app auto-detect settings for AOL Mail. AOL Mail is now synced, and you can manage it from the Windows Mail app.
Sign in from AOL Mail Mobile App
AOL has a decent mobile app to access emails, news, and video on the go. On AOL Mail mobile app, your contacts will sync seamlessly, can delete or archive message with a swipe.
- Download AOL Mail App from App Store for iPhone and Google play store for Android.
- Go to menu and open AOL Mail app.
- There are tutorials to use the app; you can check those tutorials or skip it.
- Tap on the Mail icon, and you’ll reach AOL login page. Enter your username and password.
After signing in, you can check the news, trending videos or search the web using the same app.
Unlike other Mail apps from Outlook/Gmail, AOL app doesn’t allow you to add 3rd party emails to the app. So, AOL mail app is a good app for AOL user only, but for people who use multiple email services, it’s not suitable. Therefore we advise you to add AOL Mail on Outlook Mobile app so you can access various inboxes from the same app.